Work-life balance and well-being
We know there is much more to life than working, and we support you with these programs and perks that help you manage your time away from work:
- Bereavement leave. If you're caring for yourself and your family in times of need, Salem Health offers respite time.
- Pharmacy. Enjoy a discount on your prescriptions and over-the-counter purchases at our in-house pharmacy.
- Jury duty. Supporting our employees in their civic duty is one of the ways we support your mindful involvement in our community.
- Paid time off, holidays and flex time.
- Leave of absence. For your health, your family's health or for military service, Salem Health offers a protection for those times when you need to be away from work.
- Salem Health Perks. An internal website that offers you and your family members discounts on the many products and services people use in their every day life – Nike, Adidas, Verizon, HP and so much more.
- Summer fun. Discounted or free tickets to events at our local parks and recreation facilities around the area.
- Tuition assistance program.
Peer support and burnout prevention. In addition to quiet, private respite rooms and meditation spaces across campus, we also offer a peer support hotline for health care team members who have experienced stressful or traumatic events at work.
Health and fitness
- LiveWell. We offer a robust wellness plan for employees and spouses enrolled in medical coverage called Live Well. It includes access to health risk assessment tools, health coaching, online education and more. Active participation in Live Well can also earn you a discount on your insurance premiums.
- CHEC. We offer discounts on classes at our Community Health Education Center, including cooking and exercise classes, reduced rates on selected local fitness events, and much more.
- Fitness Center. Our Salem campus enjoys the benefits of an on-site workout center equipped with the latest in keeping you healthy.
- Employee assistance program. A confidential counseling service is available for employees and their immediate families. Our employee assistance program (EAP) offers support and information on a variety of topics, such as family or marital counseling, stress management, grieving a loss, and financial concerns.