Step 1: Make sure you meet our eligibility requirements.
You’re eligible to be a volunteer at Salem Hospital or West Valley Hospital if you:
- Are 14 years or older.
- Have good grades.
- Have good communication skills.
- Provide great customer service.
- Have positive references from others.
- Are motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Are able to commit to a regular, weekly shift for six months.
Step 2: Sign up for a high school information session.
At the session, you'll learn more about what volunteers do day-to-day and about our expectations of you. Volunteering is a serious commitment, and we want you to be sure it is right for you!
You will be signing up for an interview at the info session. Please come prepared to pick a date and time for your interview while you're here. This is a competitive program, and positions are limited.
- Schedule your session (No sessions available at this time due to COVID-19.)
Step 3: STOP — Did you attend an information session first?
Fill out an online application after your session. (Applications submitted before the information session will not be accepted!)
Step 4: Print, complete, sign and bring the form packet below to your scheduled interview.