Become a volunteer for Salem Health
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Let’s see if we’re a good match!
Step 1: Make sure you meet our eligibility requirements.
You’re eligible to be a volunteer at Salem Health if you:
- Are looking for volunteer opportunities.
- Are 14 years or older (student volunteers must have good grades and interested in entering the health care field).
- Have good communication skills.
- Are good with customers and patients.
- Have positive references from others.
- Are motivated and independent.
- Are able to commit to a regular, weekly shift for eight months (hours vary, depending on assignments).
Step 2: Fill out an online application and sign up for an interview/information session
At the session, you'll learn more about what volunteers do here day-to-day and about our expectations of you. Volunteering is a serious commitment, and we want you to be sure it is right for you! You will also be learning about your next steps, so you are well on your way to your new volunteer position.
Pick the application below that best describes you. (Are you a high school student?)