Diagnosis and treatment
Your physician can diagnose RLS based on your signs and symptoms, a complete medical history, and a physical examination.
In addition, tests may be performed such as laboratory tests or a sleep study. Currently, there is not a definitive test to diagnose Restless Legs Syndrome.
Specific treatment for restless legs syndrome will be determined by your physician based on:
- Your age, overall health, and medical history
- Extent of the disease
- Tour tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the disease
- Your opinion or preference
Treatment options for restless legs syndrome may include:
- Implementing good sleep habits program
- Eliminating activities that worsen symptoms
- Maintaining a well-balanced diet
- Approved medications for RLS
Consult your physician for more information regarding the treatment of restless legs syndrome.