Care after cancer
Survivorship Clinic at Salem Health Cancer Institute
As you celebrate the end of your cancer treatment, you may wonder — now what? You probably have concerns, both physical and emotional, as you transition into life after cancer. Our Survivorship Clinic addresses these concerns and help you reach your best quality of life.
A personalized plan
Each person is a unique combination of history, values, preferences and needs. We consider these aspects and more as we work with you on your goals after treatment.
Our focus is on:
- Managing your ongoing symptoms.
- Promoting wellness.
- Supporting you and your loved ones.
- Helping you regain a feeling of control over your life and health.
Care and support
While emotional support is a major part of our clinic’s mission, we also provide medical services, including a thorough physical exam. We listen to you and focus on your goals. Our team can help connect you with:
Your first visit to the Survivorship Clinic includes a personal visit with an experienced oncology nurse. Together, you’ll review your survivor passport. This passport is a comprehensive notebook that serves as a resource for you and anyone providing medical care to you in the future. Your passport includes:
- A summary of your treatment at Salem Health.
- An outline of potential late effects of your treatment.
- Nutrition and physical activity recommendations.
- Follow-up guidelines.