Community Health Education Center announces Community Partner Grants
The Salem Health Community Health Education Center celebrated its fifth birthday this morning.
Attendees at the breakfast celebration included Salem Health leaders as well as representatives from government agency, educational agencies, and non-profits. The group discussed the next steps in Salem Health’s journey towards improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Every good birthday party has gifts
Salem Health recognized several local non-profit agencies with awards for their contribution to community health initiatives.
The presentation also included an introduction to the Community Partner Grant program. Grant amounts generally range from $20,000 to $50,000, and applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have current 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, tax exempt status under IRS Code 170, or be a governmental agency/department or public educational institution
- Operate under written articles of incorporation and by-laws or other written documents or statutes that defines the applicant’s purpose, membership, management and operation
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis in employment, recruitment of volunteers and delivery of services
- Projects must provide services to residents of Marion/Polk County, Oregon
Grant support will address topics determined through the community needs assessment process and are consistent with Salem Health’s Community Benefit Plan. Successful initiatives will improve the quality of life for those most at risk in our community and decrease the need for catastrophic care and its associated social, emotional, and economic costs.
Current priorities for projects include:
- Diabetes prevention and control
- Mental Health
- Transportation related to health and/or health care
For more information regarding eligibility, application criteria and deadlines, please visit salemhealth.org/community/grants.php
Salem Health is comprised of Salem Hospital, West Valley Hospital, Willamette Health Partners and other affiliated health care organizations offering exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. Salem Hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades in 2014, placing it among the top 5 percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide. “Like” us on facebook.com/salemhealth; follow us on Twitter: @salemhealth; and view us at youtube.com/salemhealth.