West Valley Hospital presents $15,000 grant to Polk County agency assisting families
Last month, Pam Cortez, clinical operations director at West Valley Hospital, presented a $15,000 check to Service Integration Coordinator Michelle Bornfleth to support the program.
“West Valley Hospital is proud to partner with Polk County Service Integration,” said Cortez. “They do great things for our community.”
Polk County Service Integration facilitates collaboration among community partners to provide coordinated resources and information to meet the needs of the citizens in each district. The program brings together Polk County Health and Human Services, seven school districts, and more than 200 organizations, agencies, and individuals throughout the county.
By working together and combining resources, the partnership supports a variety of local needs and projects including:
- Urgent needs: Emergency housing or utility assistance
- Basic needs: Food, clothing, prescriptions, and personal items
- Community development: Community events and activities
- Education: Classes, tuition, fees, literacy programs for adults or children
- Extra curricular activities: Fees, materials, clothing or shoes needed for participation
- Youth development: Leadership and learning opportunities not part of regular school programs.
More information about Polk County Service Integration is available online at co.polk.or.us/fco/si/service-integration.
West Valley Hospital is a critical access hospital offering 24-hour emergency care, as well as inpatient and outpatient services to people in the Polk County area. A part of Salem Health, West Valley Hospital and its affiliatesMonmouth Medical Center, West Valley Physicians and Surgeons Clinic, and West Valley Surgical Specialty Clinicpartner with Salem Hospital for additional health care services. Salem Hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades in 2014, placing it among the top 5 percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide. Visit us at westvalleyhospital.org; “Like” us on facebook.com/salemhealth; follow us on Twitter: @salemhealth; and view us at youtube.com/salemhealth.