Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Salem Health!
Volunteer Services is committed to providing exceptional experience to the community we serve through volunteer and career exploration opportunities.
We are currently looking for friendly, customer-oriented community members to serve at Salem Hospital in our volunteer program.
Anyone interested in serving should attend an information session before filling out the online application. We have adult and student sessions at a variety of times throughout the year. Please call 503-561-5277 to get information regarding upcoming information sessions.
- Experienced piano players needed to provide soothing music in hospital lobby area.
- Trained therapeutic musicians to play at patients’ bedsides.
- Experienced musicians to share their talents with visitors and staff during the lunch hour in our cafeteria.
- Volunteers to visit hospitalized patients or help them prepare to go home.
- Emergency Department volunteers to assist with patients and visitors.
- Critical care and adult general nursing volunteers to help nurses and other staff.
Note: Volunteers do not provide direct patient care (for example, volunteers do not take vital signs, give medication or draw blood).
- Great communication skills.
- Customer service focus.
- Clean criminal history and positive references.
- Motivated, independent self-starters preferred.
Call 503-561-5277 to reserve a seat at the next information session.
Volunteers make a minimum six-month commitment to serve at the hospital and serve a weekly four-hour shift
All applications are screened to determine interview eligibility. Potential volunteers must pass an interview before being accepted into the program.
The Volunteer Services Department provides opportunities to serve throughout Salem Hospital. Volunteers gain experience, give back, and contribute to the community.