Salem Health fast facts
Salem Health is the premier health care provider for Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Made up of the main campus in Salem, Salem Health West Valley in Dallas, and other clinics and services, we’ve provided pioneering medicine since 1896.
We are proud to be a community-based, not-for-profit institution. Our board of trustees is made up of 15 volunteers who share a common belief: Our duty is to heal the sick and injured—not to answer to stockholders.
Salem Health's Salem hospital is one of the largest of Oregon's 62 acute care hospitals and operates the busiest emergency department in Oregon. It is a not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 494 acute-care beds.
The hospital is the Salem's largest private employer, with approximately 3,900 employees.
There are 449 practitioners on the active medical staff at the hospital in Salem and 76 at Salem Health West Valley. In addition, more than 350 people provide nonmedical support as volunteers.
- Births - 3,269
- Diagnostic imaging procedures - 170,512
- ED visits -103,849
- Inpatient admissions - 25,260
- Laboratory procedures -1,290,367
- Patient meals served - 445,041
- Surgeries - 13,724
Salem Health West Valley Fast Facts
- Diagnostic imaging procedures -20,942
- Emergency department visits -13,780
- Inpatient admissions - 186
- Laboratory tests/draws - 122,016
- Surgeries -571