Salem Health fast facts
Salem Health is the premier health care provider for Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Made up of Salem Hospital, West Valley Hospital in Dallas, and other clinics and services, we’ve provided pioneering medicine since 1896.
We are proud to be a community-based, not-for-profit institution. Our board of trustees is made up of 13 volunteers who share a common belief: Our duty is to heal the sick and injured — not to answer to stockholders.
Salem Hospital is one of the largest of Oregon's 62 acute care hospitals and operates the busiest emergency department in Oregon. It is a not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 494 acute-care beds.
The hospital is the Salem's largest private employer, with more than 4,900 employees. West Valley Hospital rounds out our numbers with an additional 180 employees.
There are about 770 providers on the active medical staff at Salem Health. In addition, about 685 people provide nonmedical support as volunteers in both Salem and Dallas.
Salem Hospital 2018 statistics
- Births - 3,374
- Diagnostic imaging procedures - 195,300
- Emergency department visits - 108,226
- Laboratory procedures - 1,243,980
- Patient meals and meal equivalents served – 991,836
- Surgeries - 14,147
West Valley Hospital 2018 statistics
- Diagnostic imaging procedures - 19,181
- Emergency department visits - 14,316
- Inpatient admissions - 216
- Laboratory tests/draws - 142,531
- Surgeries - 603