Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Salem Health!
We are currently accepting applications for the Salem Hospital volunteer program.
Please note: it may take 5-7 working days after applying to be scheduled for a volunteer interview. All applications are screened to determine interview eligibility. Interviewed applicants are screened to determine eligibility for placement at the hospital.
- Volunteers to serve at Walton house for 2 hours either on Saturday or Sunday afternoon
- Experienced Piano Players needed to provide soothing music in hospital lobby area. Variety of shifts available. Piano players play for 1 hour, one time a week for 6 months
- Experienced musicians to share their talents with visitors and staff during the lunch hour. Approved musician would play 1 time a week for 6 months from 11:30-1:00 pm
Desired and required skills
- Great communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Motivated, independent self-starters preferred
- Clear criminal history and positive references required
- Note: volunteers do not provide direct patient care (for example, volunteers do not take vitals, give meds or draw blood)
Get involved by:
- Applying online
- Calling 503-561-5277 to schedule a volunteer interview
- Acceptance to the program will be determined at or after the time of the interview
- Volunteers make a 6-month commitment to serve at the hospital and serve a 3-4 hour shift each week
The Volunteer Services Department provides opportunities to serve throughout Salem Hospital. Volunteers gain experience, give back, and contribute to the community.
Come join us as a part of our non-paid workforce, and provide physical, social, emotional, and spiritual support for the well-being of our patients, as well as their families and friends.
As a volunteer, you gain the opportunity to:
- Serve as a member of our hospital team
- Help others and make new friends
- Motivate others and set a positive example
- Make a difference and add meaning to your life
- Develop new skills and get hospital experience
- Have fun!
- Free flu shot annually
- Meal tickets
- Free fountain drink
- Free parking
- Ongoing volunteer training
- Volunteer Recognition
- Discounts at the hospital fitness center and cafeteria
- Discount at hospital retail pharmacy (after 90-day trial period and ending when you retire from volunteering)
Studies have shown that people who volunteer improve their health and well-being, feel better about themselves, and live longer!