Salem Hospital Fast facts
Salem Health is the premier health care provider for Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Made up of Salem Hospital, West Valley Hospital, Willamette Health Partners and other clinics and services, we’ve provided pioneering medicine since 1896.
We are proud to be a community-based, not-for-profit institution. Our board of trustees is made up of 15 volunteers who share a common belief: Our duty is to heal the sick and injured—not to answer to stockholders.
As part of that commitment, we’ve sought out organizations that share our vision. For example, our relationship with Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) gives our patients direct access to the advanced clinical services of an academic medical center.
Salem Hospital is one of the largest of Oregon's 59 acute care hospitals and operates the busiest emergency department in Oregon. It is a not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 454 acute-care beds.
The hospital is the Salem's largest private employer, with approximately 3,900 employees.
- Births - 3,189
- Diagnostic imaging procedures - 160,313
- ED and urgent care visits - 114,538
- Inpatient admissions - 20,719
- Laboratory procedures - 1,399,290
- Patient meals served - 300,504
- Surgeries - 12,710
West Valley Hospital Fast Facts
- Diagnostic imaging procedures - 17,175
- Emergency department visits - 12,552
- Inpatient admissions - 148
- Laboratory tests/draws - 87,636
- Surgeries - 413