All visitors are restricted from Salem Hospital and West Valley Hospital until further notice.
To protect patients and caregivers and to preserve critical safety supplies, Salem Health is restricting all visitors at its hospitals in Salem and in Dallas.
As an alternative to visiting a family member or friend at either Salem Hospital or West Valley Hospital, please telephone or video call them.
Unless an exception below is satisfied, visitation will not be permitted effective immediately, and will continue for the foreseeable future. For safety considerations, no visitors below age 12 will be allowed on premises. Further, no visitors will be allowed to visit patients in isolation for infection prevention.
Assuming the visitor is healthy, the following exceptions will be made:
- Obstetric, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and pediatric patients may have one designated visitor accompany them.
- Patients who are at end of life may have one visitor at a time.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as patient recovery is complete.
- Patients who have an appointment at a Salem Health Medical clinic, laboratory, radiology, or who are seeking care in the emergency department, may have one person with them only if required for physical or mental assistance.
- Case-by-case exceptions will be considered by the unit’s nurse leader based upon unusual circumstances.
Guests who meet one of these exceptions will be allowed inside the hospital, but are restricted to the patient’s room and direct travel to and from the patient’s room and hospital entrances/exits, unless clinically required diversions are necessary, such as to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.
We will review and revisit this decision as the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve.