Life after surgery
The ultimate goal of weight-loss surgery is to improve your health. Surgery is a tool to achieve and maintain your health and weight-loss goals. Even after surgery, it may take months or years before you reach your goal weight. To maintain your weight once you reach your goal, you will still need to commit to:
- Physical activity 5 to 6 days a week.
- Healthy eating.
- Taking vitamin and mineral supplements as directed.
- Never smoking or drinking alcohol.
- Drinking 64 ounces of recommended liquids daily—no alcohol, no caffeine, no carbonation, no added sugar.
- Regular attendance at support groups.
Still have questions?
Go to our frequently asked questions page.