OHA rule to report e-cigarette/vaping injuries
New rule went into effect Oct. 9
By Julie Koch, RN, MSN, CIC, infection prevention manager
Per Oregon Health Authority emergency rule, effective Oct. 9, 2019:
- Providers are to report within one working day any patient who has been hospitalized or who has died from radiographically or histologically demonstrated lung injury following a history of e-cigarette use or vaping in the preceding 90 days.
- Reports may be made to your local public health authority.
- Marion County: 503-588-5621
- Polk County: 503-623-8175
- Oregon Health Authority: 971-673-1111.
Please contact Julie Koch with any questions you might have.