MPRC accepting member nominations
Influence Salem Health’s peer review process
By Jennifer Williams, MD, multidisciplinary peer review committee chair
The multidisciplinary peer review committee is accepting nominations for membership to the MPRC and the committee for professionalism. Three-year terms begin Jan. 1, 2020, with eligibility for additional terms. Please apply by Oct. 31.
About the MPRC
The Salem Health Board of Trustees and medical executive committee established the MPRC and have authority over it. The MPRC meets twice a month on first and third Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Oversee the operation of the entire Salem Health medical staff peer review system including reviews of performance data as well as of cases involving clinical performance or professional conduct.
- Approve all determinations and recommendations of the Salem Health medical staff peer review system.
- Develop, recommend and consistently implement policies and procedures for all peer review activities at Salem Health.
- At least three years of clinical experience
- Board certification
- Associate or active member of the medical staff with “good standing” status (maintains qualifications for privileges and assigned medical staff category; is not currently under a suspension or restriction; and has no ongoing peer review actions in process).
About the Committee for Professionalism
The CfP is a subcommittee of the MPRC. It meets twice a month on second and fourth Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Promote professional behavior and provide leadership in establishing a professional working environment and collaborating with nursing and other disciplines to foster a collegial, cooperative approach to providing excellent patient care.
- Perform peer review of professional conduct for all specialties and provide the MPRC with recommendations for peer review determinations and actions related to professional conduct.
- At least three years of clinical experience at Salem Health
- Board certification
- Active member of the medical staff with “good standing” status
- Demonstrated excellent collaborative, administrative and communication skills
Selection Process for MPRC and CfP
- Each candidate must be nominated or endorsed by his/her section chief or department chair. A section chief/department chair may nominate more than one candidate. Nominations may be emailed to the chair of MPRC (Jennifer.Williams@salemhealth.org).
- Interested candidates will receive an application and can return it by fax to: 503-814-2806 or email to Robin.Large@salemhealth.org no later than Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
- Candidates are approved by the MPRC and MEC.
- Election to the committee is by majority vote of all active status medical staff members.
- MPRC and CfP members are expected to keep up with relevant e-mail exchanges and to review documents prior to scheduled meetings.
- There are occasional meetings and educational conferences beyond the regularly scheduled committee meetings which members are expected to attend.
- Each committee member is compensated $125.00 per meeting.
Questions? Contact myself at Jennifer.Williams@salemhealth.org or peer review staff member Robin.Large@salemhealth.org