View as a webpage
Proposed “rules and regs” posted
The newly-proposed bylaws are now ready for your review. The Bylaws Review Committee looks at Medical Staff documents so they accurately reflect current best practices.
Proposed revisions are posted here and available for 30 days via Common Ground. They are then presented to the Physician Leadership Council, with comments taken back to the Medical Executive Committee for review and final vote before moving forward to the Board Professional Review Committee and Board of Trustees for final vote.
Please e-mail any questions or concerns to the Bylaws Review Committee Chair, Clark McDonald, MD, at Clark.McDonald@salemhealth.org
Recommendations submitted on behalf of the MEC and:
Bylaws Review Committee
- Clark McDonald, MD, Pathology, Chair
- Christine Clarke, MD, General Surgery, Medical Staff President Elect
- Claire O’Brien, MD, Internal Medicine, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Kelly Aebi, Interim Medical Staff Office manager
- Melinda Seibert, West Valley Hospital Medical Staff Office supervisor
- Barbara Blackmond, senior partner in the law firm of Horty, Springer and Mattern, P.C. She works extensively with hospitals and physician leaders on credentialing matters and in the defense of antitrust lawsuits filed against hospitals and medical staff leaders. Salem Health has a long-standing contract with Horty, Springer and Mattern, P.C. and often seek advice as a subject matter expert.
- Keith Bauer, Salem Health legal counsel
- Debra Harris, director Health Information Management