View as a webpage
Change in how lab results are released starts Sept. 6
For Salem Health and providers to meet several requirements, including Meaningful Use and Epic Honor Roll, we’ve changed how lab results are released to patients with MyChart, starting Sept. 6.
- All normal, non-sensitive labs/procedures will be automatically released to a patient's MyChart account within 24 hours of final result (current state is 72 hours).
- All abnormal, sensitive labs/procedures will be automatically released to a patient's MyChart account after 7 days of final result.
- All imaging/cardio imaging narrative, impression, and component comments will be released to a patient's MyChart account after 3 days of final result (this is the same as today).
- A multi-specialty group of providers scrubbed the list of potential lab results and defined what might quality as "sensitive." This list can be adjusted as needed if there are problems with particular results. Only normal results will be released at the 24 hour mark.
- These new time windows will meet the different specifications required of inpatient and ambulatory providers, as well as meet the requirements for Epic Honor Roll, which yields cost savings for Epic support.
Contact Dr. Claire O'Brien with questions.