View as a webpage
Why we’re ending sonohystogram kits
By Mary Ransome, director of Imaging and Lab
Starting Feb. 19, Salem Health will no longer offer sonohystogram studies. Here’s the SBAR reasoning:
- In the past two years, 19 sonohystogram kits had to be thrown away due to expiring.
- The Ultrasound Department has seen a significant decrease in sonohystogram orders over the past five years: none in 2016; one in 2015; four each in 2013 and 2014; and 12 in 2012.
- Attributed decrease to having capability to perform in physician offices.
- Sonohystograms are offered at other Salem area Imaging facilities
- Kits often expire before they are used and can only be purchased as a 10-pack
- Discontinue offering sonohystogram studies at Salem Health effective Feb. 19.