View as a webpage
Document Pending Upload notices disabled
Starting May 8, the Document Pending Upload notifications will be disabled in Epic. These are the pended note messages that appear in the patient’s chart after a physician has dictated.
Disabling allows us to eliminate:
- Pended note deficiencies in physicians’ in-baskets.
- A patient safety concern. The transcribed document could not upload into Epic without manual intervention, which led to delays.
- Some of the expense for the transcription process.
Tips for clinical staff who rely on pended note notifications for dictated documents:
- Faciliate document handoffs: this will alert other medical staff members that a dictation is in process.
- Keep track of your job numbers. You will always receive a job number after a dictation.
If you have questions or concerns in regards to the status of a dictation, please call the HIM Department at 503-561-5750 between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and midnight.