View as a webpage
Moving to ARUP Reference Lab May 1
By Mary Ransome, Laboratory & Imaging Director
Salem Health’s Reference Laboratory, PeaceHealth, was sold to Quest Diagnostics effective May 1, 2017. Quest decided to close PeaceHealth’s outreach laboratory in Eugene and route all testing to existing Quest performing locations outside of Oregon.
As a result, Salem Health has selected ARUP in Utah as our new reference laboratory. Salem Health is in the process of building a bidirectional interface with ARUP to begin May 1, 2017.
How will this change impact you?
- All reference laboratory tests that Salem Health does not perform in house will remain orderable.
- If you are unable to find a lab test in your menu, simply order a miscellaneous test by searching: XTST1 or LAB3234.
- Prior to May 1, tip sheets will be provided to remind you of this process.
- The Lab HELP order currently available in Epic will be discontinued and replaced with the new miscellaneous test code (see above) effective May 1.
- To reduce impact, Information Services will automatically update the System Preference List and Order Set List. If you would like to update your personal preference list and/or order sets you will need to search the System Preference List for the updated laboratory test code. This will be covered in the tip sheet as well.
A command center will be in place starting May 1 to provide end user support. Logistics will be provided in the April 30 Common Ground.