View as a webpage
MPRC and CFP recruitment
Committees steer peer review and professionalism standards
The Multidisciplinary Peer Review Committee is currently accepting nominations for membership to the MPRC and the Committee for Professionalism. Membership terms are three years, beginning Jan. 1, 2019, with eligibility for additional terms.
Multidisciplinary Peer Review Committee
MPRC meetings take place twice a month — on the first and third Tuesdays of the month — from 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Oversee the operation of the entire Salem Health medical staff peer review system including reviews of performance data — as well as cases involving clinical performance or professional conduct.
- Approve all determinations and recommendations of the medical staff peer review system.
- Develop, recommend and consistently implement policies and procedures for all peer review activities at Salem Health.
The MPRC is established by, and subject to, the authority of the Medical Executive Committee and the Salem Health Board of Trustees.
- At least three years of clinical experience
- Board certification
- Associate or active member of the medical staff in good standing*
Committee for Professionalism
Meetings take place twice a month — on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month — from 6:30 to 8 a.m. The Committee for Professionalism is a subcommittee of the MPRC.
- Promote professional behavior and provide leadership in establishing a professional working environment and collaborating with nursing and other disciplines to foster a collegial, cooperative approach to providing excellent patient care.
- Perform peer review of professional conduct for all specialties and provide the MPRC with recommendations for peer review determinations and actions related to professional conduct.
- At least three years of clinical experience at Salem Health
- Board certification
- Active member of the medical staff in good standing *
- Demonstrated excellent collaborative, administrative and communication skills
Selection process for MPRC and CFP
- Each candidate must be nominated or endorsed by their section chief or department chair. A section chief or department chair may nominate more than one candidate. Email nominations to the Chair of MPRC at Jennifer.Williams@salemhealth.org.
- Interested candidates will receive an application and can return it by fax to 503-814-2806 or email to Robin.Large@salemhealth.org no later than Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018.
- The MPRC and MEC approve candidates.
- Election to the committee is by majority vote of all active status medical staff members.
- MPRC and CFP members are expected to keep up with relevant e-mail exchanges and to review documents prior to scheduled meetings.
- There are occasional meetings and educational conferences beyond the regularly scheduled committee meetings, which members are expected to attend.
- Each committee member is compensated $125 per meeting.
For more information, please email Dr. Jennifer Williams, MPRC chair or email Robin Large, peer review staff member.
The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, Oct. 31.
*Good standing describes medical staff who maintain qualifications for privileges and assigned medical staff category; are not currently under a suspension or restriction; and have no ongoing peer review actions in process.