View as a webpage
From IT to You: Graphing patient lab data in Epic
By Claire O’Brien, MD, chief medical information officer
The Information Services division publishes a special topics article in each Common Ground. In every other issue, we include a quick tip for improving efficiency in Epic. On alternating weeks, there will be a paragraph or two of hot topic information to keep providers informed.
Looking up data: Graph patient lab results over time
- In Results Review, click the drop-down arrow next to View and select Extended View.
- Select the Hide data prior to check box and indicate how far back you want to see historical data.
- Select a single row to graph individual components, or click and drag to select multiple components.
- Click Graph. The graph appears.
- Review the data trends in the purple line and compare them to the upper and lower ends of the reference range.
- Click Close to return to your results data view.