Because your good health is our No. 1 goal, we encourage you to take these simple measures to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands with soap and water. If you can’t do that, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Make sure health care team members clean their hands, too.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- When you’re back home: If you are sick, avoid close contact with others.
- Also when you’re back home: Get vaccinations to prevent disease and fight the spread of infection.
Source: The Joint Commission