To make it easy for you to know at a glance who the members of your care team are, we color-code our scrubs.
- Registered nurses wear royal blue.
- Certified nursing assistants wear maroon.
- Nurse managers wear white coats
- Clinical professionals wear navy. (Clinical professionals include people working in lab, radiology, rehab and various tech positions.)
- Rapid response and respiratory specialists wear green.
- The housekeeping team wears gray.
- Our security officers wear yellow.
- Physicians don’t have a designated uniform color, but most wear a white coat over their regular clothes.
There is no reason to feel embarrassed if you don’t recognize someone or aren’t sure what their job is.
There is nothing wrong with asking the health professionals who visit you what their role in your care is. We are here to help you get better, and making sure you feel comfortable with your caretakers is a big part of that.