Social Media Guidelines
The Salem Health Social Media Guidelines
Salem Health currently maintains two corporate Twitter accounts: @salemhealth, @salemhospital and one Facebook account: facebook.com/SalemHealth
Salem Health recognizes the importance of new communication channels (i.e. new and social media) for engaging our community in a real and meaningful way. And, as a member of the community, we are committed to certain ethical, legal, and regulatory standards in the health care industry. By establishing a presence online, we seek to embrace social media and engage with our audiences, and we wish to do so responsibly.
In order to ensure productive communications that are consistent with our mission and public commitments, we have put in place the following basic guidelines and disclaimers (below) to help you understand how we will use social media platforms. We ask for your understanding as we engage in this medium, recognizing in particular that responses may at times appear limited in nature.
- We welcome your mentions, replies, tags and retweets, and we’ll do our best to respond to questions. We will not respond to any information related to personal health information, personal attacks, foul language, disparaging comments or topics that do not relate directly to Salem Health. We may not be able to respond to your questions immediately and some responses may be limited in nature.
- There may be some questions/comments we cannot address, including questions directly related to personal health information covered by the The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), financial matters, ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues, or certain other elements of our business.
- We hope that your contributions will add value to the overall dialogue and appreciate you providing links or other resources to support any claims.
- Twitter and Facebook accounts that Salem Health follows, or is followed by, do not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and services.
- Salem Health may provide links or references to other sites as part of its posts. However, Salem Health claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this platform.
- Salem Health reserves all rights relating to the Salem Health social media accounts including, but not limited to, all rights to add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, accept or reject those who may wish to follow the account and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account.
Like on facebook.com/SalemHealth