Why live and work in the Salem area
Excellent quality of life
Our hospital's are located in the Mid-Willamette Valley, one hour south of Portland and one hour north of Eugene. Salem is Oregon’s capital city and is a great place to live and to raise a family.
- Internationally known wineries
- Beautiful public and private golf courses
- Excellent quality education through public Salem-Keizer schools, private elementary education, and colleges and universities
- A convenient commercial Salem airport
- See Travel Salem for local events and community information.
- Calculate the cost of living in Salem area
Easy access to recreational and cultural activities
Outdoor sports, breathtaking views, shopping, music, art or theater are all right here, or close enough to visit in a day or for the weekend.
- Salem area
- Oregon Coast
- Area ski resorts
- Portland area
- Fishing and boating
- Oregons Parks and Recreation
Great place to build a career
As Oregon’s second-largest city and third-fastest-growing area in the state, Salem offers physicians excellent growth potential combined with a relatively low penetration of managed care.